[meego-fi] Re: MeeGo summit FI 2012

  • From: Artem Marchenko <artem.marchenko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: meego-network-fi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 17:17:04 +0300

I would be fine with Helsinki, but given a choice I vote for Tampere:

1) It's city where most of public MeeGo activity happens anyway, so why doesn't
it deserve a summit happening in Tampere?
2) I don't see lots of Helsinki people speaking on this topic, maybe not yet
though
3) To my knowledge Hermia and COSS are quite much Tampere based :) In Helsinki
we'd need to find new partners.

And most of all I believe any significantly new technical area benefits from a
concentrated cluster where collaborating about otherwise rare technology is
normal and expected. Tampere already evolves into such a cluster for MeeGo, so
let's support it rather than stretch it thin over whole Finland.

BR,
Artem.