[meego-fi] Re: MeeGo summit FI 2012

  • From: Jarkko Moilanen <Jarkko.Moilanen@xxxxxx>
  • To: meego-network-fi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 17:09:19 +0300

Quoting Carol Chen <cybette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

start with the core group in Tampere. Of course it also depends on what
locations are available. It might be a good chance to kick some butts and

Yeah, that's why I made the statement. Who knows locations better than local people. And based on being part of this year's event organizers, location dictates a lot of stuff (what can be done and what needs to be done).

Anyone reading this from Helsinki? Let us know what you think!

C'mon Helsinki! :)

Carol.

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 1:48 PM, Jarkko Moilanen <Jarkko.Moilanen@xxxxxx>wrote:

Hi,

Quoting Carol Chen <cybette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

 I'm in. I vote for it being in a different city and possibly co-organizing
with Hermia/Coss.

I'm ok with any city in Finland. It could be Tampere. Then again it could
be for example Helsinki (and the surrounding cities. But the latter option
however requires that people outside Tampere will wake up. So far most of
the active people in this discussion have been from Tampere.

/Jarkko

 Carol.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Carol Chen
cybette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Community Manager, MeeGo Network Finland (MNFI)
Organizer, Tampere MeeGo Network (TMN)
Local Device Program (LDP) Manager
http://meegonetwork.fi

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 11:23 AM, Matti Saastamoinen <
matti.saastamoinen@xxxxxxx> wrote:

 I'm voting yes, count me in. Scope could include both, community and
business (+1 to Artem for that). I hope time is ready for the business
side
then.

When? Mid April could work best.

Where? Tampere or Helsinki. Opinions?

By whom? Can the community (or Devaamo ry?) do this alone or do we need
co-organizers like COSS/Hermia Ltd was this year?

Matti

On 30.08.2011 20:57, Artem Marchenko wrote:

 Since now we do have a device and by Spring 2012 there will
definitely be some more (though maybe not handsets), it would be cool
to have a bit of focus not on MeeGo in general, but on what you can
do with concrete MeeGo devices from unusual applications to business
models.

Artem.

On Aug 30, 2011, at 8:52 PM, Timo Härkönen wrote:

 I think it's time to open the discussion about the next MeeGo

summit FI.

Starting with: are we even going to arrange it? I'm voting yes :)

If yes - when? I think it should happen around the same time as
this year (mid april) since the MeeGo conference is going be in the
beginning of the year.

20:17<  DawnFoster>  #info We still haven't finalized a date /
location for the next MeeGo Conference, but we're looking at the
early part of 2012 in the U.S. We're searching for space
availability now.

Also one thing worth discussing is that do we keep the focus only
in MeeGo(.com). I'd personally like to see the main focus being in
the community stuff happening around meego (surrounds, formeego,
Qt, community obs, etc. things interesting from the OSS community
pow).

I'm proposising that we get a small(ish) group of people together
and start pushing this thing forward. Count me in.

thoughts?

-Timo

 Jarkko Moilanen (phone: +358 46 640 8339)
 M.Soc.Sc. (Political Science)
 PhD Student, Information studies, University of Tampere
 Blog: Extreme activities in cyberspace - http://extreme.ajatukseni.net/
 Founder of Hackerspace 5w, Finland, Tampere - 5w.fi