[meego-network-fi] Re: Developing an ARDrone simulator for Meegathon

  • From: Topi Santakivi <topi.santakivi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: meego-network-fi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 11:23:33 +0200

Point taken.

I'll try to come up with the initial plan as a wiki page this week,
including tasks that need to be done etc. Basically we've got
three areas that need to be implemented:

- The protocol side, the simulator has to respond to MARDrone
commands with the same format as the real ARDrone (Mandatory)

- A flying 3D-ARDrone implemented with whatever the selected technology is,
QML/3D sounds interesting. Doesn't need to be super-realistic but having
something flying on PC would give a better experience.

- The video stream-> encoding the 'onboard-camera' of the 3d-drone and sending
that into MARDrone side just like the real drone does.

BR,
Topi