[meego-network-fi] Re: Community news for portal

  • From: Jarkko Kniivilä <jkniiv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: meego-network-fi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 00:25:08 +0200

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 22:43, Jarkko Moilanen
<jarkko.moilanen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Forgot to add that if you want to write in Finnish, that's ok too. Using
> Finnish leaves some of the members out though...same in Finnish
> Eli voit kirjoittaa myös suomeksi, mutta silloin osa jäsenistä/lukijoista ei
> ymmärrä sanomaasi. Tai pahimmassa tapauksessa ymmärtää väärin kun käyttää
> automaattista käännöspalvelua.

I'm sorry but that last comment in Finnish was totally unwanted and
simply self-deprecating FUD. The fact that somebody uses their own
mother tongue in their own ethnic region shouldn't be a shame whether
that causes a "danger" of misunderstanding for non-natives or not. I'm
somewhat aghast at how easily we the young professional Finns are
ready to cast away our own language in our country. This doesn't bode
well for the future. :(

Siis käyttäkää (myös) sitä suomea, perkele!

--
Jarkko Kniivilä  < jibun | jkniiv >
FIN-13100 HÄMEENLINNA

"Panta rhei kai oumen menei" -- Herakleitos