[medreform] Article...

  • From: "Pell, Michael" <mpell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <medreform@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 13:16:28 -0400

I don't know if you guys have seen this, but a couple of sources I spoke
with said this was a fantastic article about the primary issues
impacting health care costs. I thought it was enlightening. The author
also raises a couple of questions that we may be able to address using
the CMS data.

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2009/06/01/090601fa_fact_gawande?curr
entPage=1

As far as the CMS FOIA... I have made multiple attempts to get in touch
with a FOIA officer at CMS. I left a message this afternoon with Melody
Hardy. Hopefully she'll get back to me. I'm on vacation next week, but
I'm going to make a couple of phone calls to her and another guy over
there to make sure we can get the ball rolling.

Pell