[medlegiap] Re: MMR mass vaccination programme

  • From: <rajiv.sharan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <medlegiap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 09:01:10 +0530

Dear All ,
The question that I want to raise is do we need MMR mass vaccination to reduce
the incidence of Congenital heart disease or  measles vaccination . Knowingly
that measles morbidity is very common in Indian subcontinent ,mortality caused
by measles is very high . 2) We have a potent vaccine available . 3) Human are
the only reservoir of measles like polio virus and there is all possibility to
eradicate measles if we wish .
4) It is for IAP to decide which is more important to reach MDG 4 goal.
regards

Dr Rajiv Sharan( Dip.N.B, MNAMS)
Consultant
Tata Motors Hospital