[mediaaddict] MEDIAADDICT VOLUME II: INTERNATIONAL ARTS CONTEST, ATOM FILMS TOP 10 FLIX, MORE FREE MP3S

  • From: "mediaADDICT" <mediaaddict@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mediaaddict@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 12:43:56 -0400

1.   WEB SITE NEWS
2. IMPORTANT INTERNATIONAL ARTS CONTEST ANNOUNCEMENT
3. NEWS YOU CAN USE
4.  FREE MP3 DOWNLOADS
5.  VIDEAO AND AUDIO FROM AROUND THE NET
6.  PLUG-IN DOWNLOAD LIST

1. WEBSITE NEWS

*We added a new and improved top-level navigation and eliminated the unecessary
bottom frame arrow keys.
*We also revamped our e-mail and greeting card navigation section.
*NEW WEB CHANNELS:
 --Alternet.org officially joined the mediaADDICT Network this week as a new
web channel in our media/technology web channels section; and as content
providers for our weekly news letter.
--The Might Infotron always joined our network, providing us with three new
news channels for our media/technology web channels section: a world news
channel, a world finanical news channel and a world sports news channel.
*NEW MEDIAADDICT CHANNEL
We will also be shortly adding a new mediaADDICT channel with more original
commentary, product reviews and streaming media over the next few weeks.
*CONTENT SEARCH CONTINUES
*We are looking for artists, photographers etc. who would like to exhibit their
work as images in our greeting card section.
*We are also looking for cool artists and designers who have killer web site
galleries to join our arts channel.
*We are also looking for web channel partners, people who would like to join
our network by offering programming or content. Or if you have a consortium of
web sites that you would like to add as a separate channel to our channel
section please let us know.

2. IMPORTANT ART CONTEST ANNOUNCEMENT: LIFE 3.0 INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION 2000

We would like to specially thank myrna figueiredo for brining this contest to
our attention.

.*LIFE 3.0 is the first international competition seeking to reward excellence
in artistic creation that has embedded in it the practices of Artificial Life
(A-life). We are looking for art works that are premised on the strategies of
A-life research, its conceptual approaches as well as its methods of digital
synthesis.

At the end of this century we are facing redefined boundaries between humans,
animals and inorganic life. Some of the markers which already signal our
"post-human condition" are genetic interventions, simulations of evolutionary
systems and emergent behaviours, nanotechnologies, surgical implants of
machinic parts, the implementation of automated systems of data capture and
control.

http://www.telefonica.es/fat/vida3/evida3inf.html

3. NEWS YOU CAN USE