[MEBC-Butterfly] New Moon Mothing and Beer Tasting report

  • From: Larry McDaniel <larrycmcd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-moths <tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, BUTTERFLY NET <mebc-butterfly@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ncsc-moths <ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 12:21:17 -0500

The second ever New Moon Mothing and Beer Tasting at the Farm event was a
sucsess.
Seven people found 4 species of moths, sampled 7 varieties of beers and ales
and had a good time sharing stories and such.
Sorry Hugh, the beers still outnumbered the moths. Maybe next time.

We also enjoyed a couple of wonderful dishes that our guests brought.
A walk down to the barn didn't turn up any more moths
but did entertain us with our new baby lamb and other farm animals.

Jon (Buck) Lewis joined us and shared many interesting facts and stories
about his experiences working with moths over the years.

I was surprised and delighted to get a new moth species for me.
Psaphida thaxterianus - Hodges#10020 is one of the owlet moths.

We also had a number of Toothe Phigalias, a couple of Green Cloverworms
and a couple of Spring Cankerworms.

The next New Moon Moth/Beer event will be
March 22 at 7:45 pm.

Let me know if you would like to be added to the invite list.

Larry McDaniel
Jonesborough, TN