[mea] Re: Are you ok with this sentence?

  • From: cheri.frazer@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: mea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 16:18:58 -0600

I'll second that!

From:
Arden Ogg <acogg@xxxxxxx>
To:
mea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date:
Subject:
[mea] Re: Are you ok with this sentence?
Sent by:
mea-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Where's the like button, Karen?
...Arden

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 4:04 PM, Karen McElrea <karenmcelrea@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I would object to a sentence of that construction, which I believe are
incorrect in any context.

To: mea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [mea] Are you ok with this sentence?
From: cheri.frazer@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 15:32:53 -0600

"Burke tore a vertebral artery, which are located in the neck and supply
blood to the brainstem ? the back part of the brain which controls
consciousness."

(From
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/skiing/story/2012/01/12/sp-burke-skiing-injury.html
)

Would you consider that construction perfectly ok, a colloquialism /
grammatical shortcut, or would you consider it wrong no matter what?

Just curious.
-C.

"PLEASE NOTE: The preceding information may be confidential or privileged.
It only should be used or disseminated for the purpose of conducting
business with Parker. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify
the sender by replying to this message and then delete the information
from your system. Thank you for your cooperation."