[mdmars_staff] Re: [rgn3_mars] REGION 3 ---- WELL DONE !!

  • From: John AAR3CK / AAM3MD <aar3ck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mdmars_staff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 18:02:42 -0500

bmcpherson73@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
John & Jim, There were conflicting messages between yourself and the RD as to whether AARs are required. Please clarify. thanks

Bruce AAT3TW/AAM3IMD

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 11:02 PM, John AAR3CK / AAM3MD wrote:

J Sears wrote: Tim,
Please release to all in the region Thanks
Jim
All, Forgive this not being in the normal 16 line format but my brain is pretty much fried. At this point.. the Inauguration of 2009 is history. With a few exceptions it went off pretty much without a hitch. So I would like to take this opportunity to thanks all of the net participants and especially the Net Control Stations AAM3EVA, AAT3QO, AAR3FK, AAR3FI, AAR3EY, AAR3CY and AAT3OL for a job well done. A special thanks goes out to AAM3RE and AAM3RT for their excellent help and backing during this effort, AAR3EB/T for manning the Soldiers Home in DC and being our eyes and ears in the district and AAT3PG for his coordination efforts. Additionally, none of efforts of the above mentioned would have been worth much without the help of the operators at MEMA ... AAA9GL/AAR3RF, NNN0SIJ, AAM3TMD/AAT3NT, AAM3IMD/AAT3TW, AAR3DL and Jim Fay of the Maryland Defense Force. Finally, a very special thanks goes out to AAM3MD/AAR3CK and AAM3AMD/AAT3FG for their tireless efforts in support of this operation and putting up with my telephone calls for the last several weeks. These guys are what makes Army MARS work! WELL DONE TO ALL Jim Sears AAA3MD/AAT3OK
Hey, Jim -

Thanks very much for the kind words. There's absolutely no doubt that everyone involved showed a level of engagement for the project that was superb. Most volunteer organizations can only wish they had members with a quarter of that enthusiasm. We also know that, all things being equal, there's really no way this would have happened without you taking the initiative and kicking things into high gear long before it "seemed like a good idea." So, at the risk of sounding like a member of the Mutual Admiration Society (founding member actually), kudos to you for pulling it together and hitting a home run!
John  AAR3CK

Hi, Bruce -

The RD trumps me on this one as far as I am concerned. The RD and I prepared our messages, and sent them out, at almost the exact same time. I sent mine at Jim's direction, before I was able to read Tim's message not to do them. Don't know why that decision was made and an explanation was not offered.

So, having heard nothing different, no AAR's this time around.

Thanks for asking es 73,

John