[mdmars_staff] More Training Topics

  • From: J Sears <aat3ok@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: GaryZamerski <gzamerski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Hank Black <hblack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 08:48:12 -0800 (PST)

Gary,
  Sometime in january I want to put on a Winlink class. During the class the
following
topics will be discussed/taught:

1. What Winlink 2K is and what it isnt.
2. How it is best utilized
3. Requirements to use Winlink 2K
4. How to install Paclink and Airmail on YOUR computer or laptop
5. How test your installation (you will get to put your installation on the air
to test it)
6. Airmail integrated propagation tool
   a. setup
   b. using it
   c. what it shows and means
   d. how to chose a frequency to use
7. VI sounder resources and how to use them

We would be happy to include some or all of your watch officers in this class.
This would give them a good firm understanding of the processes involved in
using the WL2K system.
They do not have to he Ham radio operators to attend they just need a desire to
learn, I will make it pretty simple and will have enough assistance to provide
near one on one to the extent necessary.

Can you please identify those interested and let me know a number ASAP?  This
will allow me to plan.  I do expect about 6 -8 of my guys will be in attendance
for this class as well.

The only resources we will need will be a projector that interfaces to a
computer and whatever laptops your guys will need.

Jim Sears