//MARS R/ Would you prefer to use Winlink?

  • From: John Ohm <aar3ck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mdmars_staff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 16:07:28 -0400

Afternoon, all -
Been looking for solutions to:
1) improve service,
2) fix or avoid some of our delivery issues, and
3) overcome certain reluctance to using Winlink because of subject line protocol issues.

Finally think I have an answer. I have successfully planted the Winlink subject line protocol into every message sent. This is only active here, for staff and the tech group. All the sender has to do us put in a subject. They do not have to put in the protocol at all. The only limitation is that any Winlink addressees must be on the internal lists and cannot be CC'd.

When a message is sent, it WILL deliver to Winlink addressees per my testing. The implication of this is that we can move traffic through Winlink, whether Yahoo or others is an issue, or not.

So, if any of you would like to participate and have your messages sent to your Winlink address, just let me know. Reminder, you would have to originate your messages from Winlink because that is the address the Freelist will recognize.

Let me know at your convenience.

John. AAR3CK / AAM3MD

Sent from my iPhone
Maryland / DC Web Site: http://www.mdcarmymars.org/