[mdmars_staff] //MARS R/ Invitation to Inter-Operability Meeting

  • From: John AAR3CK / AAM3MD <aar3ck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mdmars_staff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 12:37:23 -0500

Good morning/afternoon, Everyone -

I am a member of InfraGard, an FBI / Industry consortium formed to enhance national security. Please scroll down and look at the information in blue below. Check your schedules and see if this is something you would be able to attend. There are currently 51 seats left out of the original 85.

I finally received confirmation that you do not need to join, or be a member of, InfraGard for this session. Oh, did I mention this is FREE?

Jim (AAA3MD), you and I are registered and should eventually receive an email confirming that. It may take several days but I have the receipt for your registration.

Bruce (AAM3EVA), Larry (AAM3RE) and Pudge (AAR3RF), know you'd be interested but have no idea if this is something you would be able to attend.

Wayne (AAM3RT), there should be some nuggets in here for all of us, but in particular maybe a few goodies from your most excellent training perspective as well.

Do any of you have any specific (Tri-) MARS members, or perhaps RACES / ARES, you would recommend be invited to this? I don't want to slight or miss anyone, and I do not know how many more I will be able to fit in, but I can try. It's all about first come, first served.

Food for Thought Department. There may be some value in the fact that this is scheduled after the 20 January event, with some "lessons learned," etc. Our efforts at MEMA for that event will have some level of visibility/recognition, so there is an opportunity to not only showcase what we can do, but build on our reputation.

Please confirm your plans with me ASAP and I will take care of your registration, and/or contact others you might suggest for attendance. I can't promise how many seats we will get until I get you on the list.

A strong MARS presence here, albeit as audience, could be a very positive thing.

73,

John    AAR3CK / AAM3MD

P.S.  And, for those who are interested, maybe we can have lunch afterwards?

To Maryland InfraGard Members and Contacts,

You are invited to attend the next Maryland InfraGard Meeting which will be held on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 at <http://www.thalescomminc.com/>Thales Communications, Inc., 22616 Gateway Center Drive, Clarksburg, MD 20871. The meeting will begin at 9:00 am and end at 12:00 noon. Immediately following the meeting, there will be an optional networking session and tour of the Thales Radio Communications Plant.

The topic of this meeting is Maintaining Interoperable Communications during Manmade or Natural Disasters. If you are in the Emergency Response, Law Enforcement or Government Sectors, you may be especially interested in this timely topic.

 AGENDA:

9:00 - 9:30 am Registration and Networking (Light refreshments will be provided)

9:30 - 10:00 am           Chapter Business

10:00 am - 12:00 pm   Presentations (Open Meeting)
   * Welcome and Opening Remarks, Paul Joyal, IMMA President
* Maryland State Communications Interoperability Program, John Contestabile, Chairman, Maryland State Interoperability Executive Committee * MD Emergency Management Agency (MEMA), Private Sector Education and Outreach, Richard Muth, Director * Strategy for Interoperable Radio Communications Support to Emergency Preparedness and Response, Dr. David Boyd, Director, Command Control and Interoperability Division

12:00 - 12:30 pm         Networking and Discussion

12:30 - 1:00 pm Optional - Thales Communications, Inc. Radio Plant Tour and Lunch

LOCATION: <http://www.thalescomminc.com/>Thales Communications, Inc. , 22616 Gateway Center Drive, Clarksburg, MD 20871