[mdmars_staff] //MARS R/ Follow up to loss of packet connection

  • From: John AAR3CK / AAM3MD <aar3ck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mdmars_staff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2009 14:09:14 -0400

Thanks to all who offered advice on getting the problem resolved with my packet station. What was confounding me was that all appeared to be completely functional. Then I tracked down the mheard list and got the DTG read out. Ooops, big gap. Turns out Murphy disconnected the line feeding receive audio from the transceiver to the TNC. Never touched the wiring or anything, but there it was. Took the plug out, put it back, rock and roll. Sometimes the simplest things are enough to drive one crazy ...

73,

John  AAR3CK

MDC MARS Web Site: http://mdarmymars.home.comcast.net/~mdarmymars/index.htm

List Serve Administrator:  John aar3ck@xxxxxxxxxxx