[mdmars_staff] Re: Interoperability Tidbit

  • From: John AAR3CK / AAM3MD <aar3ck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mdmars_staff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 18:02:36 -0500

I changed email clients and puts me at the bottom of the stack. Your point is well taken, though, you are getting old! :-)

J Sears wrote:
Bruce,
That is a very good idea but lets attack from both ends ! See my problem is that we have been working on this with Navy for over 2 years.. since I was ASMD and they still resist. So plan a meeting but lets also use a flanking maneuver and come at them from another angle. IF we Army MARS have so many of the federal agencies in our bag of trick then in order to do anything they will have to come into the fold or dissappear into obscurity. This may sound like a sneeky tactic but I call it hedging my bets. You see what they are resisting is the fact that they thing we (meaning Army MARS) wants to control everything. What they fail to realize is that in the real world the army DOES control the works. I dont remember seeing any admirals running the show in Saudi Arabia during the first gulf war nor during WWII.. or Korea. It is ALWAYS the army that determines the overall mission and anythign that AF and Navy does is supposed to support the Army...this is why there is so much resistance and rivaly. Call it penis envy if you want I dont know.. Fact: Army MARS does control the overall direction of the MARS program. Most dont know this ..but I had this confirmed for me just recently over the problems with TRANSCON taking traffic. SO... please proceed with the efforts to organize a joint meeting to discuss interoperability but lets not stop working the other angles as well. Jim p.s. John... please put your comments on top of mine not down the bottom.. I have trouble finding them.. I am old remember !!