[mdmars_staff] Fw: Chief AF MARS - Please see request for AF MARS Assist to fix communications failing between MARS services: //MARS R/FURTHER TRANSCON ACTIVITIES (UNCLASSIFIED)

  • From: J Sears <aat3ok@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: AIG-1 <mdmars_staff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, AAR3FK <achess@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 16:01:30 -0800 (PST)

Scott,
  As you can see the chief does feel JOINTNESS is important.. and evidently he
believes (as I do) that letting an issue like this go is tantamount to implied
permission.

Again.. thanks for your efforts  keep up the good work

--- On Tue, 1/27/09, Carter, Stuart S Mr CIV USA NETCOM/9TH SC A

From: Carter, Stuart S Mr CIV USA NETCOM/9TH SC A <stuart.carter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Chief AF MARS - Please see request for AF MARS Assist to fix
To: "Eiermann, Allen C Civ USAF AFCA AFCA/ESLM" <allen.eiermann@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Hays, Lawrence G CTR USA" <lawrence.hays@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "tim zutaut"
<tdz123@xxxxxxx>, aat3ok@xxxxxxxxx, AAR3EH@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Griffin, Jim E Mr CIV
USA NETCOM/9TH SC A" <jim.griffin@xxxxxxxxxxx>, sextonw@xxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 4:45 PM

Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Happy New Year Allen,

Please read the e-mail stream below.  Would appreciate your help to enable our
MARS team (AF/Army/N-MC MARS) to work as a team.  Seems to me that what happened
below can be fixed with your talking to your folks about what works and what
doesn't.

CC:ed all of the players so they know you and I are talking about this and so
they know their requests for assistance do not fall into the circular file.  :)

Looking forward to talking with you soon,

VWR,  Stu (CAM)

STUART S. CARTER
Deputy Director, Current Operations (G3)
NETCOM/9th Signal Command (Army)
COMM - 520-538-6563
DSN - 312-879-6563
CELL - 520-220-8357
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 16:52:45 -0800
From: aat3ok@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: //MARS R/FURTHER TRANSCON ACTIVITIES
To: tdz123@xxxxxxx

Tim,

   Below you will see a message from AAR3FK where he had another problem with
TRANSCON accepting traffic.  The last one happened in December and I thought I
had it fixed. This is yet another example of lack of interoperability.  We are
no refusing traffic in favor of a space shuttle mission that wont happen for
months  and all they did was take roll call and then shut down.

   So would you please forward the message below to Stu his thoughts?   Tim,
part of me agrees with the comments you made a few weeks ago when I was goint
send Stu the letter about lack of Jointness but I still have hopes someone will
fix this.. its totally broken.

 Its no wonder we were relegated to a second string job (for the inauguration)
when we don't even have interoperability between the three services.

If you want to talk about this call me I will be around the rest of the
evening.

Jim

        Date: 2009/01/25 22:23
        From: AAR3EH
        To: AAA3MD
        Source: AAR3EH
        CMS Site: Washington

        DE AAR3EH NR 007
        R 031649Z JAN 2009
        FM AAR3FK
        TO AAT3OK
        BT

        JIM:

          THIS MORNING ON THE AAA3RD/B NET I ACCEPTED AN EEI EXERCISE MESSAGE

        FOR AAA9F AT FT HUACHUCA. I DECIDED TO TRY THE AF TRANSCON NET AGAIN.

        CHECKED INTO THE NET, 14,405 KHZ AT 1611Z, AFA4BT NCS.
        THEY SAID IT WAS NOT A TRAFFIC NET. IT WAS THE "TRANSCON SPACE
        SUPPORT
        NET", SUPPORTING THE SHUTTLE. I REPLIED THAT I THOUGHT ALL MARS NETS
        WERE TRAFFIC NETS AND THEY SAID "THERE IS AN ARMY STATION INSISTING
        ON
        TRAFFIC CAN ANYONE HANDLE IT?" AFA6BR SAID HE COULD. NCS SAID I COULD

        PASS THE TRAFFIC BUT I WOULD HAVE TO WAIT FOR "ROLL CALL" TO FINISH.

        ROLL CALL CONSISTED OF GETTING RADIO CHECKS FROM STATIONS ALL OVER
        THE
        COUNTRY INCLUDING AN ANNOUNCEMENT THAT THE NEXT SHUTTLE LAUNCH WOULD
        BE 12 MAY. THEY CLOSED THE NET AT 1633z AFTER STATING THAT AFA6BR
        WOULD
        STICK AROUND FOR THE TRAFFIC.

          AFA6BR CALLED ME AND AFTER SOME TEST TRANSMISSIONS HE ROGERED FOR
        THE
        MESSAGE AT ABOUT 1635Z. HE EXPLAINED TO ME THAT THE PURPOSE OF THE
        NET
        WAS TO "SUPPORT THE SHUTTLE" (NEXT LAUNCH 12 MAY??) AND THAT THEY
DID

        NOT NORMALLY HANDLE TRAFFIC.

          IT SEEMS TO ME THAT A "TRANSCON NET" WOULD BE A PERFECT PLACE TO
        LIST
        TRAFFIC FOR FT H. SINCE WE KNOW AAA9USA  CHECKS INTO THE NET. I DO
        NOT
        UNDERSTAND. I CAN DROP THIS OR TRY AGAIN THE NEXT TIME I HAVE AN AZ
        MESSAGE (REGULAR TRANSCON NOT "SPACE SUPPORT NET"), WHICHEVER YOU
        PREFER.

        73
        SCOTT

        BT

        NNNN
        OP NOTE: MSG RETRIEVED FROM AT3TMD

Hotmail® goes where you go. On a PC, on the Web, on your phone. See how.
<http://www.windowslive-hotmail.com/learnmore/versatility.aspx#mobile?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_WL_HM_versatility_121208>