[mdmars_staff] Free WEBinar

  • From: J Sears <aat3ok@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: AIG-1 <mdmars_staff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 17:49:47 -0800 (PST)

Not sure if this will transfer correctly but I thought you guys might be
interested in this

Jim

February 6, 2009

ESi Health Services and ESi University invite you to attend a FREE
“lunch-n-learn” webinar –

Taking WebEOC Off the Grid:
Using Amateur Radio to Extend the Reach of WebEOC

When: Friday, February 13, 2009
Time: 12:00 noon – 1:00 pm EST
Cost: FREE
To register: RSVP to health@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:health@xxxxxxxxxx> by Wednesday,
February 11

Join us for this free webinar and you’ll discover how the Washoe County Nevada
Health District and the Nevada State Health Division have been utilizing
WebEOC® crisis information management software to support the information needs
of large scale operational exercises involving mass vaccinations with limited
or non-existent Internet capabilities.

Their breakthrough methodology involves the use of amateur radio equipment with
high speed digital capabilities to create an intranet instance of WebEOC using
radio waves instead of wires.

During the webinar, you’ll learn how to:

*   Bring the power of WebEOC to any emergency situation with a forward command
post that lacks Internet access.
*   Develop a working relationship with the Amateur Radio Emergency Service
(ARES) for communications support.
*   Maximize the capabilities of high speed digital communication through radio
in conjunction with WebEOC.

Your webinar presenters are Dr. Randall Todd, Director of Epidemiology and
Public Health Preparedness for the Washoe County District Health Department in
Reno, Nevada, and Mark Foxen, an Information Technology Professional with the
Nevada State Health Division.

We look forward to you joining us for this exciting webinar on February 13 at
12:00 noon EST.

Register for the webinar at health@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:health@xxxxxxxxxx> by
Wednesday, February 11 and we will email you more details and your sign on
information.

[cid:image005.jpg@01C98AB1.86E1CFC0]
William Glisson, MPA
Director of ESi Health Services

This message was sent from Norm Viksna to nviksna@xxxxxxxxxxx It was sent from:
ESi, 823 Broad Street, Augusta, GA 30901. You can modify/update your
subscription via the link below.

[cid:image006.png@01C98AB1.86E1CFC0]<http://www.esi911.com/>