[mdmars_staff] Re: Exercise Participation

  • From: "Tony AAT3FG" <aat3fg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mdmars_staff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 18:20:06 +0000

Yes, but...

IMHO:
  Any "special time" associated with an exercise should be counted toward the
three hour minimum.  If restricted to net time, very few people would meet the
three hours, even using the MARS "41 or more minutes = one hour" rule.

  Preparation should include all special activities such as deployment,
call-up, preparing O-Plan messages.  Recovery should include returning to base,
if deployed, and preparation of the AAR.

  An official opinion from HQ or the Tiger Team is needed.  Has anyone asked
our regional training officer for his opinion/position?

73, Tony