[mdmars_staff] Re: Do any of our guys use APRS?

  • From: bmcpherson73@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: mdmars_staff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 22:32:15 -0500 (CDT)

John,
You are welcome to come to our October ham club meeting in Glen Burnie. Bob Bruninga WB4APR will be giving a talk on APRS in emcomm, and we are planning to incorporate it into our ARES SET participation on Oct 3rd.

Bruce AAT3TW

On Aug 24, 2009, John AAR3CK / AAM3MD <aar3ck@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi, guys -

After reading a brief article in the September QST, I have a slightly
renewed interest in APRS as it pertains to emcomm. The prices seem to
have dropped quite a bit since the last time I looked. Any value to the
MARS program?

John AAM3MD

MDC MARS Web Site: http://mdarmymars.home.comcast.net/~mdarmymars/index.htm

List Serve Administrator: John aar3ck@xxxxxxxxxxx