[mdmars_members] mdmars_members LLIST and hitting reply

  • From: J Sears <aat3ok@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mdmars_members@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 12:40:47 -0800 (PST)

Guys,
  If you have info or replys for individual members please send to them
directly.. this is getting way too confusing.  DONT HIT REPLY

I have over 115 emails today and its getting hard to keep it straight in my
poor old brain.  And think how Pudge must feel.. he has to get more email than
I do.

Jim

From: Pudgeforrester@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 12:26:54 EST
To: <mdmars_members@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Gary,
Does the Alinco have a TXCO option that gives .5 ppm stablity?  I don't know
the answer.  I don't believe the 8800 would be legal on VHF/UHF, do to the
strict standards.  In fact most VHF amateur transceivers would not meet the
frequency tolerance for VHF and UHF.
A couple of relatively inexpensive ($300 range) options for narrow band VHF are
the Vertex VX 4204 for base/mobile and the Icom IC-F33 handheld.  Both have 256
or more channels but they do need to be computer programmed.
God bless,
Pudge