[mdmars_members] Re: VHF PORTABLE FREQS... & MEMA only freqs

  • From: J Sears <aat3ok@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mdmars_members@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 18:54:02 -0800 (PST)

Larry,

   Well first MEMA only wants us to use these freqs for coordination during
emergencies.. it is their LCOM.. we did use this freq  during the recent event
to communicate with their staff watch officer as they are highly mobile. We are
however authorized to use this freq as an LCOM between ourselves during events.

  Regarding the PL freqs, YOU ARE INDEED CORRECT.  I just didnt include them
when I copied the list for some reason.. so I will fix that.

  Also regarding the weather.. the HT1000 portables that belong to MARS .. six
in all plus my two and the one that belong to AAR3DL all have the weather freq
transmit inhibited. I use this quiete often in fact.  If push comes to shove we
can change it later, we have the ability to reprogram it any time we wish.

  Finally regarding RACES.  MARS does not communicate directly with them and
other than monitoring their nets (which we can do with their radios becasue
they are co-located) I see little reason to have their frequencies.  I would
point out however that RACES is not bound by any specific frequency these days
(I believe this is the case) as they even use 900MHz.