[mdmars_members] Re: URGENT REQUEST:

  • From: "Shane J. Wolfe" <shanewolfe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: mdmars_members@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 07:50:53 -0500

If that is the case, I am good to go with my FT-897D.

-Shane
AAR3EA/T

On Dec 8, 2008, at 7:47 AM, Pudgeforrester@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Jim,
Virtually ALL 100 watt HF amateur radio transmitters/transceivers produced in the past 15 years, with the TCXO installed, ARE NTIA compliant.

As part of my Congressional duties, I have met with Ed Drocella and Karl Nebbia of NTIA over this issue and they labeled the Civil Air Patrol list referenced as BOGUS.

CAM issued a statement last year not to use that list, which is made up by one retired individual living in Arizona.

In short, if your radio has the tcxo installed and it was manufactured in the past 15 years, if is legal to use on the federal HF frequencies.
God bless,
Pudge

Shane J. Wolfe
shanewolfe@xxxxxxx