[mdmars_members] Re: Question about the Byonics Tinytrac 4

  • From: bmcpherson73@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: mdmars_members@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2009 21:00:51 -0500 (CDT)

John,
It is certainly not a full featured TNC, but if your intent is just to have a small APRS tracker, I think it would be great. Attached is the review from Sep 2008 QST

Bruce

On Sep 7, 2009, John AAR3CK / AAM3MD <aar3ck@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Good evening to all,

Thought I'd check and see if anyone out there is using the Byonics
TinyTrak4 as a packet TNC. It looks like it has the capability and
seems to get decent reviews, but there's nothing like talking to someone
who is directly familiar with it. It caught my attention because it is
small and relatively inexpensive. Any comments are welcome.

Thanks in advance and 73,

John AAR3CK

Web Site: http://mdarmymars.home.comcast.net/~mdarmymars/index.htm

List Serve Administrator: John aar3ck@xxxxxxxxxxx