[mdmars_members] Proposed MEMA WL2K installation

  • From: J Sears <aat3ok@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Hank Black <hblack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Gary Zamerski <gzamerski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 10:17:17 -0800 (PST)

Hank, Gary,
  Attached are 4 slides and a narrative regarding our proposal for Winlink at
MEMA.  Gary, not being a communicator you may not fully grasp all of these
slides but the one you should concentrate is the WL2K CONCEPTUAL DWG.  This
shows the relationships between all types of stations, USERS, CMS AND
RMS stations.

  Should either of you have questions please call me I will come over and
explain how things will operate with what we have proposed.

  I am looking forward to getting started with this project. Also, we will
provide training to any of your watch officers or others who wish to the WL2k
system to include installing and setting up Airmail and Packlink stations.
This will firmly ground your operators so that they can use the system for
ourtine operations/testing when we are not present.

  When the HF station goes in we will train to that portion of the system as
well and will also give a short class on HF propagation and how to use the
propagation tools in Airmail. This will enable them to effectively use HF and
keep them from making the mistakes another one of our customers often make when
selecting frequencies.

We look forward to a long lasting and fruitful relationship.

Regards,

Jim Sears