[mdmars_members] NTIA Compliance

  • From: Allan Hubbert <kh6ilr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mdmars_members@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 00:08:44 -0800 (PST)

Well, it took a while but I've determined that the Icom IC-7000 does not meet
NTIA standards on HF or VHF.  The Omni VII, according to the owners manual,
does comply with frequency stability but not transmitted bandwidth standards.
You can meet transmitted bandwidth specs by a menu item, but the radio is not,
by design, restricted.  Most everyone in SHARES is using non-compliant modified
amateur transceivers.

The NTIA compliant Codan transceiver that I've been trying to get this agency
to buy is pretty expensive at more than $10,000. Wow.  Above my pay grade.

So, I guess that my answer is no, I don't have an NTIA compliant radio for
SHARES.

Allan, AAR3EB/T