[mdmars_members] Re: NCS DUTIES

  • From: John Ohm <john.ohm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mdmars_members@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 19:50:41 -0500

Hi, Sam, and fellow MDC members -

Sounds like you will have several prime opportunities to get that NCS time in over the next few weeks.  Rather than try and schedule a specific day and time for you to be NCS, there is an easier way.

Just prior to the start of each net, most of the scheduled NCS stations have been asking if there is anyone on frequency who wants to be NCS for training or credit purposes.  All you have to do is be there and ready just before the start of a net.

When you hear them ask that question, give them a quick call and advise them that you are interested in taking NCS for that net.  Unless someone else beats you to the punch, they will advise you that you are NCS and that you can go ahead and start the net.

You then call the net to order like any other time and you are in the driver's seat for that period.

If you need help or have questions while you are going along, just explain that you have need of the practice and ask for assistance.  We know that won't be very far away and before you know it the time will be up and you will be closing down.

If anyone has any questions about being NCS, there are several great aids in the form of the MARS documents we should all have.  If you need something, please don't hesitate to ask and we'll see what we can come up with for you.

OK, Sam, we'll be looking forward to hearing your melodious tones on the air soon as NCS.  Good luck!

73,

John  AAR3CK / AAM3MD

n3ypi@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I need to get some NCS time.

 I would prefer not to do a crazy Ivan the first time.

I should be on the AAA3RD/D 1530 nets the next few days and I will be on Vacation at home Dec 17 - Jan 4th so I should be able to do NCS durning then.

If someone can tell me a few good days I can fill in as NCS and, if someone is willing to assist me the first few times, I am eager to start doing my part.

I take constructive criticism or straight up abuse pretty well. I have a very tough skin

I can't hesitate anymore and need to get back on the horse to get back in practice.

Who is going to help?

Let me know

TNXs

Sam