[mdmars_members] MEMA meeting last monday.. SUCCESSFUL

  • From: J Sears <aat3ok@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: AIG-2 <mdmars_members@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 13:40:58 -0800 (PST)

ALLCON,
   As some of you already know Tony, Pudge and I had a hour and a half meeting
with MEMA last Monday morning.  Attached is a copy of the minutes taken by our
estemed admin officer.  Also attached is a copy of the MEMA MOU that hopefully
will blessed by the Maryland and Army legal people.

  A couple of things of note:
1. MEMA is interested in our WL2k system and we will be installing a packet
system before the end of the year if possible.
2. I asked Hank and Gary if there were an emergency would they even consider
deploying us to provide comms back to MEMA.  The answer was YES.. with the
comment that they have not had a need to deploy anyone since about 86.  But
then they have not had a capability like we offer before either. So we can
start gearing up for this eventuality.
3. They asked for our exercise schedule so that they could participate. Not
sure how that will work because HF from MEMA is not good but we will see.

Jim

p.s.  I also included a copy of our agenda going into the meeting