[mdmars_members] MDSMD 13-09 AAR3DL APPOINTED MARYLAND EMERGENCY OPERATIONS OFFICER

  • From: J Sears <aat3ok@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: AIG-2 <mdmars_members@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 15:47:15 -0700 (PDT)

Guys,
    Last time the staff met we discussed having AAR3DL assume the roll of the
EOO, this is effective at 110001Z Tuesday (see attached message).  The reason I
am doing this so late in my tenure.. and differently than in past times
(remember I usually ask for volunteers) is that we felt like we wanted to round
out AAR3DL's training so that the new SMD (whenever he or she is appointed)
will have a list of qualified candidates to pick from for the various
positions.

  I feel very strongly about the need for this training and believe it will
only help us in the future.  Further, I hope that some of you that are sitting
on the fence about the state officers jobs will volunteer for some of these
jobs in the future.  Most of you know by now that I like to include everyone to
the extent that I can but this can only happen with your participation.  When
YOU volunteer we all learn and benifit from your experience.

  So what do you get out of volunteering?  Well I can tell you from my
perspective I got a great group of friends. Some of whom I would only have
barely know otherwise.  I also learned how the MARS program works and got to
make some decisions that guided our progam along.  I know most of you are busy
but it only takes about 10 hours a month for most of these positions.

  Keep up the good work

Jim AAA3MD