[mdmars_members] MDC Website has been updated... http://www.mdcarmymars.org

  • From: "Shane J. Wolfe" <shanewolfe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: mdmars_members@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 16:18:51 -0500

All,

I have recently updated the Maryland/DC website.  A new version of the backend
software was updated (security patches, bug fixes, etc.).  Now that the
functional stuff is up and running, I'd like to get a few more users logged in
and using the site.

MDC MARS members have special access and will require a login to get to MARS
specific material.  I want to make sure you all have accounts so that when the
content is updated, you can access it.

Please go to http://www.mdcarmymars.org and request an account (left hand
portion of the page).

PLEASE USE YOUR MARS callsign as your user name - in all capital letters.  This
will allow me to verify that you are who you say you are.  The site will
auto-generate a password that you will be able to change on your first login.
PLEASE BE SURE TO USE A STRONG PASSWORD.  Include at least one number and one
special character (? * ! #).  Plain english words are very easily cracked.  I
am confident that the security is OK, but better safe than sorry.

I check the page a few times a day and will have to idividually verify each
account created.  Once your account is verified, you will be able to log in and
see "members-only" items.

I'm hoping that this site can really help in several ways,especially with
getting the word out about the organzation (PR, PR, PR).

Feedback is appreciated as well.

Best regards,
Shane
AAR3EA