[mdmars_members] //MARS R/further additions to the AIRMAIL/PROPAGATION program

  • From: J Sears <aat3ok@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: AIG-2 <mdmars_members@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, AAR3DE@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 19:07:40 -0800 (PST)

Ok,
 Now that you have the antenna files installed in AIRMAIL, what you didnt
install it?  Shame shame!.  Anyhow.. here is a file that you add to your
AIRMAIL directory in windows.  That is  click on your "C" and go to C:PROGRAM
FILES/AIRMAIL  and insert the attached file 9System.DIR.ini.

  Why you ask?  Well I will answer that by a demo.  Once you have it installed
open the airmail program and on the menu at the top click View (its the third
one from the left) then select Propagation or simply select F8.  This will
bring up the propagation tool.

  On the left you will see a + next to MARS.  If you have the ham INI file
installed you will also see a + next to HAM...but you will now also see a +
next to DIR (DIR stands for Direct) click on the DIR and you will see a hand
full of Region 3 stations.

These stations are scattered throughout the Region and clicking on one of them
will yield a matrix of propagation probabilities for this station. You can add
more stations but it is a bit of a pain... if you send me your call and grid
square I might be willing to add your station...

Jim

P.S. Dave this is my contribution to your antenna change