[mdmars_members] Re: //MARS R/ AFTER ACTION REPORT - HURRICANE IRENE and commentary

  • From: J Sears <aat3ok@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mdmars_members@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mdmars_members@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 17:07:09 -0700 (PDT)

Pudge etal:
First of all MARS has NO 440 freqs.  Second there is no reason to control a
remote base
over 440  I have a means doing this and I would volunteer my place as the
remote base for the
time being.  It is about 3-4 miles as the crow flys and if you get up on the
MEMA roof
you can all but see my place.

Interestingly enough the TS480 has remote capabilities over the internet .. but
wait what
if the internet goes down.. well we dont use the internet but we do use WIFI to
link
my house to MEMA thereby eliminating ALL of the interference suffered by MEMA. I
have used this technique before and it works fantastic.

There are also other places we could locate a remote base.. that would work.