[mdmars_members] Fw: follow up to sllight setback

  • From: R HENDRICKSON <w3dtn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mdmars_members@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 15:58:22 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Mon, 9/28/09, Kathleen McCann <kdmccann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Kathleen McCann <kdmccann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: follow up to sllight setback
To: "'Charles E. Iliff, Jr.'" <Charlie@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'Gary Hendrickson'"
<w3dtn@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Mary McCann'" <mmccann@xxxxxxxx>, "'TERRY TEDORE'"
<terrytedore59@xxxxxxx>, "'Sandra McCann'" <sandradmccann@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Dana
B'" <dbannapolis@xxxxxxxxx>, vdbellmediator@xxxxxxx, "'Lynn Knight'"
<lknight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Fred Lagno'" <train@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Renee
Rucinsky'" <arpest7@xxxxxxxxxxx>, annaintercessor@xxxxxxxxxxx, "'Darla Watts'"
<darla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, sewer11468@xxxxxxxxxxx, LegumLaw@xxxxxxx
Cc: achess@xxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, September 28, 2009, 11:36 PM

HS Associates,

Scott had a “surprise” appointment with his ortho doctor today at the Shock
Trauma Clinic and the doctor did not like the looks of that infected-looking
spot on his ankle.  The antibiotics do not appear to be working so Scott was
re-admitted to University today for additional surgery on that spot tomorrow.
They are going to excise and flush that area tomorrow in preparation for a
“free flap” operation - hopefully later this week.  A free flap is where they
take healthy tissue (frequently muscle tissue) from one area of the body and
transplant it at the site of the trouble spot.  This type of surgery is
typically done by a plastic surgeon so the ortho doctor will have to get
another doctor involved.  I am told that this is a lengthy surgery (8 hours)
because the surgeon is working under a microscope and must “splice” the blood
vessels in the flap to blood vessels at the site.  This is way more than I ever
wanted to know about medicine.
 . .

KDM

Kathleen Duckett McCann
Law Office of Kathleen Duckett McCann, LLC
160 Shields Lane
Queenstown, Maryland  21658
410-827-5622