[mdmars_members] Fw: RE: [rgn3_mars] Re: //MARS R/ AFTER ACTION REPORTS DUE FOR INAUGURATION EVENT

  • From: J Sears <aat3ok@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: AIG-2 <mdmars_members@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 13:18:10 -0800 (PST)

FYI

I have pictures and information for our PIO.. if anyone else has something to
add...comments etc.. please get them to me asap.. by the way as far as I am
concerned .. this was a live operation so you should put something in that
exercise/operation column in the participation report at the end of the month..
dont forget that time commuting time on the air an time preparing are all able
to be claimed.

Jim

Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 17:41:56 -0800
From: aat3ok@xxxxxxxxx
INAUGURATION EVENT
To: tdz123@xxxxxxx

Tim,

   Bill Sexton is now looking for tidbits for the next chiefs net.. and
typically he uses AARs etc for that.  If we dont do individual AARs how will I
get sufficient infor to send any type of infor to him or to send an AAR to
the fort?  I realize we missed 1-05 ( we were kinda busy here getting ready).

   Also I feel the guys did a stellar job and allowing them to submit an AAR
would give them credit for an ACTUAL INCIDENT to include on their participation
reports.

   On another note. ... with the exception of a few minor glitches here and
there the whole day went with out incident (thankfully) and we are now
disassembled and all home.... tired but home.

  Maryland got a whole lot of mileage out of this with MEMA.  They have now
asked us to propose a list of equipment for our use at MEMA.  This from an
agency that has little or no money. They are going to try to go get a
grant. Additionally we may get our own comm center next to the races room.

   Anyhow.. I will have an AAR for the fort (as incident commander) so that
they have some idea what transpired .. what went well and what didnt.

Jim