[mdmars_members] Fw: RE: //MARS R/FURTHER TRANSCON ACTIVITIES

  • From: J Sears <aat3ok@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: AIG-2 <mdmars_members@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 13:31:29 -0800 (PST)

FYI

--- On Mon, 1/26/09, tim zutaut <tdz123@xxxxxxx> wrote:

From: tim zutaut <tdz123@xxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: //MARS R/FURTHER TRANSCON ACTIVITIES
To: aat3ok@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, January 26, 2009, 2:55 PM

#yiv1740090047 .hmmessage P
{
margin:0px;padding:0px;}
#yiv1740090047 {
font-size:10pt;font-family:Verdana;}

rodger Jim,
this is not right i will pass up the chain of command,
                                                                  Tim

Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 16:52:45 -0800
From: aat3ok@xxxxxxxxx
To: tdz123@xxxxxxx

Tim,

   Below you will see a message from AAR3FK where he had another problem with
TRANSCON accepting traffic.  The last one happened in December and I thought I
had it fixed. This is yet another example of lack of interoperability.  We are
no refusing traffic in favor of a space shuttle mission that wont happen for
months  and all they did was take roll call and then shut down.

   So would you please forward the message below to Stu his thoughts?   Tim,
part of me agrees with the comments you made a few weeks ago when I was goint
send Stu the letter about lack of Jointness but I still have hopes someone will
fix this.. its totally broken.

 Its no wonder we were relegated to a second string job (for the inauguration)
when we don't even have interoperability between the three services.

If you want to talk about this call me I will be around the rest of the evening.

Jim

Date: 2009/01/25 22:23
From: AAR3EH
To: AAA3MD
Source: AAR3EH
CMS Site: Washington

DE AAR3EH NR 007
R 031649Z JAN 2009
FM AAR3FK
TO AAT3OK
BT

JIM:

  THIS MORNING ON THE AAA3RD/B NET I ACCEPTED AN EEI EXERCISE MESSAGE

FOR AAA9F AT FT HUACHUCA. I DECIDED TO TRY THE AF TRANSCON NET AGAIN.

CHECKED INTO THE NET, 14,405 KHZ AT 1611Z, AFA4BT NCS.
THEY SAID IT WAS NOT A TRAFFIC NET. IT WAS THE "TRANSCON SPACE
SUPPORT
NET", SUPPORTING THE SHUTTLE. I REPLIED THAT I THOUGHT ALL MARS NETS
WERE TRAFFIC NETS AND THEY SAID "THERE IS AN ARMY STATION INSISTING
ON
TRAFFIC CAN ANYONE HANDLE IT?" AFA6BR SAID HE COULD. NCS SAID I COULD

PASS THE TRAFFIC BUT I WOULD HAVE TO WAIT FOR "ROLL CALL" TO FINISH.
ROLL CALL CONSISTED OF GETTING RADIO CHECKS FROM STATIONS ALL OVER
THE
COUNTRY INCLUDING AN ANNOUNCEMENT THAT THE NEXT SHUTTLE LAUNCH WOULD
BE 12 MAY. THEY CLOSED THE NET AT 1633z AFTER STATING THAT AFA6BR
WOULD
STICK AROUND FOR THE TRAFFIC.

  AFA6BR CALLED ME AND AFTER SOME TEST TRANSMISSIONS HE ROGERED FOR
THE
MESSAGE AT ABOUT 1635Z. HE EXPLAINED TO ME THAT THE PURPOSE OF THE
NET
WAS TO "SUPPORT THE SHUTTLE" (NEXT LAUNCH 12 MAY??) AND THAT THEY DID

NOT NORMALLY HANDLE TRAFFIC.

  IT SEEMS TO ME THAT A "TRANSCON NET" WOULD BE A PERFECT PLACE TO
LIST
TRAFFIC FOR FT H. SINCE WE KNOW AAA9USA  CHECKS INTO THE NET. I DO
NOT
UNDERSTAND. I CAN DROP THIS OR TRY AGAIN THE NEXT TIME I HAVE AN AZ
MESSAGE (REGULAR TRANSCON NOT "SPACE SUPPORT NET"), WHICHEVER YOU
PREFER.

73
SCOTT

BT

NNNN
OP NOTE: MSG RETRIEVED FROM AT3TMD

Hotmail® goes where you go. On a PC, on the Web, on your phone. See how.