[mdmars_members] Fw: Milestone

  • From: R HENDRICKSON <w3dtn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mdmars_members@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 14:41:11 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Wed, 9/9/09, Kathleen McCann <kdmccann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Kathleen McCann <kdmccann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Milestone
To: "'Charles E. Iliff, Jr.'" <Charlie@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'Gary Hendrickson'"
<w3dtn@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Mary McCann'" <mmccann@xxxxxxxx>, "'TERRY TEDORE'"
<terrytedore59@xxxxxxx>, "'Sandra McCann'" <sandradmccann@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Dana
B'" <dbannapolis@xxxxxxxxx>, vdbellmediator@xxxxxxx, "'Lynn Knight'"
<lknight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Fred Lagno'" <train@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Renee
Rucinsky'" <arpest7@xxxxxxxxxxx>, annaintercessor@xxxxxxxxxxx, "'Darla Watts'"
<darla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, sewer11468@xxxxxxxxxxx, LegumLaw@xxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, September 9, 2009, 11:23 PM

HS Associates,

The outcome of Scott’s surgery today was good.  The fracture below Scott’s knee
has “healed beautifully” so the doctor was able to permanently remove the top
portion of the external fixation (which I have for you Charlie) and bend his
knee 130° while he was under anesthesia.  Scott now has his work cut out for
him; he was able to bend his knee about 70° today on his own (with considerable
pain) which is excellent given what he has been through.  He can now begin
intensive PT on that knee and he is very happy about that.  Tonight he is at
University Hospital waiting for a bed at Kernan.  We are told a bed should
become available tomorrow.  We’ll see.

As for the ankle wounds, the doctor found an area about the size of a dime
where bone remains visible so he could not do the second skin graft today.
Instead, he has put the wound vac back on that small spot and hopes it will
fill in with good tissue in time.  He expects it to be another 4 to 6 weeks
minimum before he can go back in and remove the external fixation from the
lower leg and install the internal fixation to the ankle bones.

I will let you know where Scott will be for the foreseeable future once I find
out.

KDM

Kathleen Duckett McCann
Law Office of Kathleen Duckett McCann, LLC
160 Shields Lane
Queenstown, Maryland  21658
410-827-5622