[mdmars_members] Fw: Keep on the sunny side, always on the sunny side, etc.

  • From: R HENDRICKSON <w3dtn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MDMARS_MEMBERS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 18:05:46 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Fri, 9/4/09, Kathleen McCann <kdmccann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Kathleen McCann <kdmccann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Keep on the sunny side, always on the sunny side, etc.
To: "'Charles E. Iliff, Jr.'" <Charlie@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'Gary Hendrickson'"
<w3dtn@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Mary McCann'" <mmccann@xxxxxxxx>, "'TERRY TEDORE'"
<terrytedore59@xxxxxxx>, "'Sandra McCann'" <sandradmccann@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Dana
B'" <dbannapolis@xxxxxxxxx>, vdbellmediator@xxxxxxx, "'Lynn Knight'"
<lknight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Fred Lagno'" <train@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Renee
Rucinsky'" <arpest7@xxxxxxxxxxx>, annaintercessor@xxxxxxxxxxx, "'Darla Watts'"
<darla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, LegumLaw@xxxxxxx
Date: Friday, September 4, 2009, 8:41 PM

HS Associates,

Scott and I met with his doctor at Shock Trauma for his pre-op appointment this
morning and, although the lower leg wounds are still not healed enough for the
next ankle surgery and there is still quite a bit of swelling in the leg, the
doctor wants to get him into the OR on Wednesday, Sept. 9th for 2 reasons:  (1)
to do another skin graft on a small wound above his ankle adjacent to the
existing skin graft in order to expedite healing, and (2) to remove the rods
and pins stabilizing his knee and to bend his knee to determine if the bones
have healed sufficiently to forego knee surgery and to begin PT on that knee.
If the doctor is satisfied that the knee does not need surgery, the rods and
pins will stay out and he should be able to begin PT on that knee very soon –
hopefully at Kernan.  If the doctor thinks knee surgery is necessary, the rods
and pins will go back in and that surgery will be put off, along with the ankle
surgery, for another
 couple of weeks.  Meanwhile, the existing skin graft looks great and there is
no sign of infection anywhere in the leg.  So overall, we are pleased with the
doctor’s plan and feel that progress is being made.  I’ll send out another
update after his surgery next Wednesday.

Everyone have a safe and happy holiday weekend!!

KDM

Kathleen Duckett McCann
Law Office of Kathleen Duckett McCann, LLC
160 Shields Lane
Queenstown, Maryland  21658
410-827-5622