[mdmars_members] Fw: Hangin' in there

  • From: R HENDRICKSON <w3dtn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mdmars_members@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 13:52:45 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Fri, 8/14/09, Kathleen McCann <kdmccann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Kathleen McCann <kdmccann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Hangin' in there
To: "'Charles E. Iliff, Jr.'" <Charlie@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'Gary Hendrickson'"
<w3dtn@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Mary McCann'" <mmccann@xxxxxxxx>, "'TERRY TEDORE'"
<terrytedore59@xxxxxxx>, "'Sandra McCann'" <sandradmccann@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Dana
B'" <dbannapolis@xxxxxxxxx>, vdbellmediator@xxxxxxx, "'Lynn Knight'"
<lknight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Fred Lagno'" <train@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Renee
Rucinsky'" <arpest7@xxxxxxxxxxx>, annaintercessor@xxxxxxxxxxx, "'Darla Watts'"
<darla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, LegumLaw@xxxxxxx
Date: Friday, August 14, 2009, 4:46 PM

HS Associates,

Yesterday, Scott returned to University Hospital to have a blood filter
inserted into a vein to block that blood clot in his leg should it break free
and head toward his heart and lungs.  They were then able to stop the blood
thinner which became necessary due to the onset of internal bleeding.  Today
they tracked down the source of the bleeding to his left calf.  He has
developed a large hematoma that evidently started to form last week after his
skin graft surgery.  Yesterday morning his blood count was still low but it had
leveled off so it appeared that the bleeding had stopped or at least slowed.
Last night they gave him 2 units of blood.  Today he feels fine.  They will
continue to monitor his blood count over the weekend and if it falls again, he
will be taken back over to University on Monday for his orthopedic surgeon to
take a look at the hematoma.  They are also keeping a close watch on his white
count because the hematoma is a
 potential source of infection.

Scott’s room mate (the gunshot patient) was discharged yesterday and it was
peaceful and quiet in his room last night!  I am heading up there this evening
with my laptop, netflix movie and a pizza and we are having a Friday night
date!!

I hope your weekend is at least as good as ours!

KDM
Kathleen Duckett McCann
Law Office of Kathleen Duckett McCann, LLC
160 Shields Lane
Queenstown, Maryland  21658
410-827-5622