[mdmars_members] FW: Frequency Excursions by Truckers!

  • From: J Sears <aat3ok@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Chris <planone@xxxxxxx>, ken heitner <kenheitner@xxxxxxxxxxx>, NNN0JUP <radioitis@xxxxxxxxx>, Mark Bary - NNN0GAW ONE <nnn0rrf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Gary Sessums <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 19:56:20 -0800 (PST)

First let me appologize, some of you got this twice.
MDC Army MARS are requested to monitor 4006.00Khz and report any
reception to Maryland SMD or ASMD for collection.  Other services request you
notify your chain of command.

Regards,

Jim Sears AAA3MD/AAT3OK
MDC State Mars Director
U.S. Army MARS

Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 23:46:13 -0500
To: ke7gz@xxxxxxxxxxx; mac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Aar4bz@xxxxxxx
From: aat4rd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Frequency Excursions by Truckers!
CC: aav4eg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; n4nwa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; tdz123@xxxxxxx

Gents,

I received this email Thursday evening from AL,  AAV4FX of North Carolina.
AAM4RDE and AAA4NC are aware of the intercept Al references.

I have also passed this to AAA3RD because a part of Virginia lies in the area
where the signals were intercepted.

Please review the following:
Subject: //MARS R/ImproperUseOfFreq
To: aat4rd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Winlink 2000 has automatically forwarded this message...

Message ID: 1628_AAV4FX
Date: 2008/12/19 01:00
From: AAV4FX
To: AAM4RDE; AAA4RD; AAA4NC
Source: AAV4FX
CMS Site: SanDiego

NOW WOULD BE A FINE TIME TO USE ANY DF EQUIPMENT YOU MIGHT HAVE.
SINCE ABOUT 190045 I HAVE BEEN TUNING AROUND AND LISTENING TO
SOME TRUCKERS, APPARENTLY, SMACK DAB ON 4006.00 USB.  TALKING
ABOUT LOADS, TRIPS, ETC., BUT NO ID AND NO LOCATION GIVEN, JUST
MOSTLY THE USE OF THE *F* WORD.  LOUD AND CLEAR HERE IN WNC.
73, AL AAV4FX NC

While this is not on one of our assigned Army MARS channels, it is on or
within a Navy MARS channel assignment.

Bottom line is this!  As Tri-Service MARS we are a team and we need to
look out for each other and protect our airwaves.  I have informed one ARRL "OO"
of this intercept and also acknowledged that there is little the "OO"s can do
since
it is out of the amateur radio band.  Nevertheless, we need to let our USAF and
Navy-Marine Corps MARS SMDs know that all is not well on some of the side
streets in Dodge City!

Recommendations:

Notify your respective SMD counterparts in each state.

Handle this "OFF AIR" via WL2K and Email.

If the incursions are monitored, attempt to tape record it and note the details
of
time (beginning/ending), frequency, mode, number of stations in the
conversation,
listen for anything that might give a clue to location, i.e. mile markers, exit
numbers,
references to truck stops, etc.  All of this helps determine the general area
where these
dudes are wheeling.

AL, AAV4FX, is located just south of Ashville, NC off I-26 which runs between
Ashville
and Spartansburg. But, on 75 Meters their general location could be most
anywhere
in the six state boundary convergence.

SMDs should have a "Hot-Line Number for the FCC Monitoring Center. I will
obtain the
latest number for you and pass it along. You never know when it will come in
handy.

Again, please no talk over the air about this. Use your Email and telephone....

Best regards,

Jim, AAA4RD / K4QDF
407-234-6567 (cell)
Email: aat4rd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (home)

Send e-mail faster without improving your typing skills. Get your Hotmail®
account.