[mdmars_members] Re: Cascade Repeater

  • From: "Shane J. Wolfe" <shanewolfe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: mdmars_members@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 18:36:23 -0400

I've seen the repeater/tower site at Dan's rock (I grew up in that area and worked for a two-way radio company that has towers at the Dan's site before moving down this way).

If height/line of sight is your requirement, Dan's Rock is the place.

On Oct 6, 2009, at 6:26 PM, Forrester, Pudge wrote:

Thanks for the update Gary,
I replaced the Civil Air Patrol Mastr II repeater with a new Motorola unit. The old one has 143.7 or very close to that for the input and 148. 125 or 148.150 output. It is about 5 feet tall. Other than being very dirty from rodents (They had it running without the covers), it was working well right up to the time I took it out of service.

This machine does not have to be turned in to the Air Force and can be reassigned to another government agency, but my thinking is to keep it on the CAP asset list at its $100 value. Then I'm hoping the paperwork just gets lost and nobody asks about it in the future.

Jim had talked about a repeater on Sideling Hill west of Hancock, however Greg Freis has a free site on Dans Rock west of Cumberland at about 3,000 feet elevation, where the Hams have a 110 foot tower, shack, and power. My Boss and a Dentist bought replacement Rohn 45 sections last winter to get that tower up.

God bless,
Pudge
Systems Administrator
Congressman Roscoe Bartlett
2412 RHOB
Washington, DC 20515
From: pudgeforrester@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <pudgeforrester@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: mdmars_members@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, October 6, 2009, 2:10 PM

Jim,
Confidential please.
What duplexer does the Cascade repeater have in it? I just took a GE Mastr II out of service at Wheeling CAP and it has a DB products 4 can duplexer in it. I'm quietly "setting" on that repeater in hopes it can be recrystaled and used for MARS in the future.
God bless,
Pudge