[mdmars_members] Re: Amazing 68 yr. old photos stored in an old Kodak Brownie camera

  • From: "achess@xxxxxxxx" <achess@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: mdmars_members@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 11:05:33 GMT

Jim:
   Thanks for the very interesting pictures. I find it very hard to believe
these were stored in a Brownie camera since Dec 7, I think I have seen some of
these before. The one with several PBY airplanes burning and a sailor standing
with a sea bag on the left. Also the one of the destroyers (USS Cassin and
Downes??) sunk in the drydock.  One has a set-in clock in the lower right hand
corner, that is a characteristic of aerial and instrument cameras not Brownies.
I guess two photographers could have been in the same area. General quality
seems better than one would expect from a Brownie, particularly a Brownie with
68 year old film. Extremely interesting, thanks.

73
Scott AAR3FK

Gain financial freedom! Click here for Financial Advice.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTIlfeRhXSu3DYppY3DhJZheEjVVY0NVgtrKPurnF2j3NBhI9M8K6M/
Web Site: http://mdarmymars.home.comcast.net/~mdarmymars/index.htm

List Serve Administrator:  John aar3ck@xxxxxxxxxxx