[mdmars_members] Re: Amateur Radio club and MARS at the American Legion

  • From: NICK LOMANGINO <aar3jb@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mdmars_members@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 23:07:15 -0400

I sent my information to join today. Nick
 Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 20:43:11 -0500
From: bmcpherson73@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: mdmars_members@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [mdmars_members] Re: Amateur Radio club and MARS at the American Legion

 Jim,Well Sykesville is a bit of a drive for me, but I will do it if it helps
our case there. I had joined a post in my native Illinois as a favor to a
friend of mine who is now dead. Maybe its time to transfer to Maryland, since
I've lived here for 25 years. I already sent my info to K9tal so I will get the
card soon. I had a feeling this was part of your plan but having a home for
MARS is a good thing.  On 06/30/11, J Sears<aat3ok@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:Bruce.. if
you are in another state how about transfering to Post 223 in Sykesville?  If
you agree we can take of it next meeting.   I joined when the notice first hit
the QRZ site and already have my card from the Legion Radio club... suggest you
do the same if you can. Like I said last night I briefed the Sykesville post
last evening.. or at least the House committee  in hopes of setting up a
station there. I have told them about the MARS connection and discussed it with
them.  What they do not know is that I had an agenda before I even joined the
Legion club... and that is to give us a permenant home.  So as you can see the
more that join there the better..