[mdmars_members] ALLMDC - HEADS UP ON CIRCUIT TEST MESSAGE.

  • From: J Sears <aat3ok@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: AIG-2 <mdmars_members@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 11:13:28 -0800 (PST)

ANYONE RECEIVING A TEST MESSAGE ADDRESSED TO EITHER AAT3TMD OR  AAA3MD   ON
WL2K SHOULD FORWARD IT (OR A COPY THEREOF) TO ME.

THANKS

DE AEM1WF NR 1452
R 081520Z DEC 2009
FM WOLFF/AEA1RD GE
TO ALL SMD'S
BT
UNCLAS

SUBJ: HEADS UP ON CIRCUIT TEST MESSAGE.

THIS IS A HEADS UP THAT SHOULD BE RECEIVING A CIRCUIT
TEST MESSAGE ADDRESSED TO YOU (EACH SMD). THEY WERE
ALL SENT THROUGH THE MARS-WL2K NETWORK.  THEY ARE
PLAIN TEXT CIRCUIT TEST MESSAGES SENT TO EACH STATE'S
RESPECTIVE ROUTING IDENTIFIER (REF. NETPLAN, TABLE 2-2).
ATTACHED IS THE LIST OF ROUTING IDENTIFIERS I ACTUALLY
USED FOR THIS TEST. SO THERE ISN'T ANY CONFUSION, THE
SUBJECT OF THESE TEST MESSAGES IS:

"PLAIN TEXT CIRCUIT TEST, STATE ROUTING INDICATOR"

FOR EXAMPLE, THE TEST MESSAGE FOR THE TENNESEE SMD
(AAA4TN) WAS SENT THROUGH AAT4TTN. THEN, WHOEVER IS
RESPONSIBLE FOR CHECKING FOR TRAFFIC AT AAT4TTN
SHOULD THEN FORWARD IT TO AAA4TN.

IF YOU DON'T RECEIVE YOUR TEST MESSAGE THEN LET ME
KNOW AND I'LL PROVIDE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT
THE TEST MESSAGE SENT TO YOU.  AT THE SAME TIME, I
RECOMMEND YOU ENSURE SOMEBODY IN YOUR STATE IS
CHECKING FOR TRAFFIC COMING INTO YOUR STATE'S
ROUTING INDICATOR TO HELP PREVENT STALE OR
UNDELIVERED TRAFFIC. DEAD TRAFFIC IS EVENTIALLY
AUTO-DELETED BY THE WL2K-CMS SERVER.

IT'S TRUE THAT THERE ISN'T A WHOLE LOT OF TRAFFIC
THESE DAYS BUT WHAT DOES FLOW THROUGH THE SYSTEM
SHOULDN'T COME TO A DEAD END.  IN OUR REGION, AS
IS THE CASE IN MANY REGIONS, THERE IS MORE THAN ONE
PERSON WHO CHECKS FOR TRAFFIC COMING INTO THE
ROUTING IDENTIFIER.

THANKS FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THIS NETWORK-WIDE
CIRCUIT TEST THAT I'M CONDUCTING. THE RESULTS OF
THE TEST SO FAR HAVE ALREADY IDENTIFIED SOME TRAFFIC
BOTTLE-NECKS. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR NEED
CLARIFICATION, DON'T HESITATE TO ASK ME.  I'LL DO
MY BEST TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS.  I'M HOPING FOR
A SUCCESSFUL TEST FOR EACH STATE OR US POSSESSION.
SEASON GREETINGS.  73, DANIEL WOLFF, REGION 11
DIRECTOR, AEA1RD/AEM1WF.
BT

NNNN