[maths] Re: calculus; more derivatives

  • From: "Ned Granic" <ngranic@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <maths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 17:00:30 -0700

Thanks Nelson, yes it is -3 for question 2; I did it again earlier today.

  As for the plague of the first question, I get stuck when I get derivative of
sqrt(x), which is
  1/2x^-1/2, read as:
  one half x to the power of negative one half power.
  Also, the derivatives of sqrt(x) and sqrt(x)-1 are the same. Right?
  What do I get after multiplying:
  sqrt(x) * 1/2x^-1/2

  Back to question 3, the derivative of:
  -3/(x^2-2x+1)