Since the water's getting warmer and the weather actually looks friendly
for once, I'm sussing out whether to take the boat out this Sunday 11th.
Plan would be to meet at Sorrento at around 9am (to be confirmed), and then
check out some easy bay stuff and drifts, and possibly wrecks out the heads
depending on the rip and diver experience.
Costs will be $30 per dive, plus donation for towing the boat down to
Rye/Sorrento and sharing costs of things like boat ramp parking, etc.
You'll also need to be responsible for bringing all the personal stuff
necessary for you to dive, including:
- 2 full tanks
- Dive computer (compulsory)
- Safety sausage or deployable SMB (highly recommended, we have a couple
of spares at the locker)
- Torch, knife and whistle are highly recommended
- Other misc like lunch (or shareable food hollaaaaaa), warm clothes and
- You'll need to be a member of both MONUC and MASC to come along (you
can sign-up on the day)
- We're a social bunch of divers, although we do buddy up and help each
other out, it's unlikely there'll be divemasters there so you need
to be a *competent
and certified diver *who can look after themselves.
- I'm guessing the water temp will be 16ish degrees, so you will also
need some kind of familiarity with cold water.
*If I've never dived with you before but you're keen, please let me know
what kind of experience you have.*
Let me know asap, I'll be making the call tomorrow night!
0458 043 688