[MASC] Re: Summer extended club dive trip anyone???

  • From: "Timo Friedrich" <friedrich.timo@xxxxxx>
  • To: <MASC@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2014 19:34:33 +1100

Dito. Happy to help out. Maybe it wouldn't need a single leader... but a bunch
of guys splitting up responsibilities... :). An attendance sheet guy, location
guy, Booking guy...

Would be happy to chip in.

Timo

From: Scott Hall
Date:14/11/2014 15:52 (GMT+10:00)
To: MASC@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:MASC@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I'm interested, depends on dates.

On 14 November 2014 12:31, Nicole Muir <nikimuir@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:nikimuir@xxxxxxxxx> > wrote:

If it's between Jan 10 and Feb 1 I'm in! Don't mind where we go! Haven't got
time to organise sorry, but could do some jobs if I'm directed...

Niki :)

On 14 Nov 2014, at 12:07 pm, Cambo <cambodian073@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:cambodian073@xxxxxxxxx> > wrote:

I'm pretty keen to come for the week, possibly near Australia day to score a
paid day of diving too! I have a contact at Danger reef with over 20 years
diving experience in the area. He might know a thing or two about the best
spots..

On 14/11/2014 9:57 AM, "Stephen Fordyce" <stephen.fordyce@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:stephen.fordyce@xxxxxxxxx> > wrote:

Hi all,

Every year for the past 5-6 years, the boat has been away on trips ranging from
1 week to 4 weeks, and encompassing every state in Australia except for the NT
(we even dived in the ACT, just cos), and I have been on all of them, and
organised most.

This summer I did look at running a massive and epic reprise trip to WA but it
didn't end up happening due to lack of interest and/or commitment, which is
understandable.  With summer nearly upon us, I think it would still be nice to
run a 1 week trip, as it really is pretty glorious to be away for a whole week
diving in summer, and a great time.

For 1 week, the maximum travel distance is really about 1000km one way to make
it cost effective, which does encompass Sydney and Adelaide at a stretch, also
the likes of the southern NSW coast (Eden, up to Jervis Bay).  But I'm thinking
that east Gippsland would be interesting - from Port Welshpool to Mallacoota,
there is a lot of seldom-dived, remote stuff, with excellent chances for
seafood if you're into that, wrecks (deep and shallow) and untouched temperate
reefs.

However I'm keen to take a break from organising this year, or at least step
back to advisor.  This is just a general email to get the ball rolling.  The
trip organiser gets many perks, including being able to indulge their inner
control-freak, greatly influence where we go and what we dive, and choose the
dates.

Time-wise, January is good for teachers (but bad for everyone else - possibly
less of a concern since Jen & Skanda are overseas now :( ), but February or
better yet March will give more stable diving weather and warmest water.

Price would be probably about $750 including pretty much everything, coming for
part of the trip is also possible.

If you have general comments, please reply-all for now (if it gets to be too
much spam on the email list we will take it elsewhere.  If you'd be interested
in being the organiser then please email me direct.

Cheers,

Steve

(Old and jaded, but still prepared to spend at least some of my precious annual
leave and limited motivation/energy on club trips)