[MASC] Excellent DIY dive gear books - who wants some?

  • From: Stephen Fordyce <stephen.fordyce@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MASC@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 11:14:36 +1000

Hi all,
Some of you may have come across a collection of really excellent books
that explain all sorts of interesting DIY stuff about dive gear, in a very
practical way.  I've lent various of them to many of you from time to time.

I plan to make a bulk order of these from the USA, to hopefully save a bit
of money on shipping - so please read on if you're interested.

There are 5 of these books from http://www.airspeedpress.com/, and they are:
- Oxy Hackers Companion: (just about) everything you need to know about
handling oxygen and mixing your own gases, including how to make stuff like
analysers, mixers, clean things, etc.
- Dive Light Companion: making canister and other lights - including
improvised cheapies
- Regulator maintenance & repair: this one is a little old, and may not
have exact specifics on your model of reg, but explains in a very practical
way how they work across a lot of different types.
- Improved gas boosters: not for the faint hearted, but an interesting read
and resource
- Wetsuit & Drysuit Maintenance and Repair: excellent resource I've used to
replace basically everything on my drysuit except the suit itself.
- There is also a CD of lots of random useful stuff (that I can't remember
actually using, but you never know)

I have all of these (except for the Wetsuit/Drysuit one, which I lent to
someone and never got back, can't remember who!) so if you want to have a
flick through before buying, just let me know and you can swing by sometime.

*If you'd like one or several of the books, please complete the inevitable
google form here:*
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1rtfnbaluWf0HIYsni8d5Q26KK7E0hLs3aSB31B59Y20/viewform

Deadline is nominally Sunday 5th October, at midday.  I'll confirm total
pricing before ordering in case anyone wants to change their mind.  I'm
going to get a few spares and stock them, so if you want one later on, let
me know.

Cheers,
Steve

PS: I'm overseas this week so may have patchy access to email to reply.