[MASC] Boat Diving this Saturday

  • From: Aran Burns <aran.burns@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "masc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <masc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 11:12:59 +1100

Hello Divers,

I’ll be taking Sir John (the big boat) out for a day of diving on the
bay this Saturday (14th March). Depending on the conditions and what
people want to dive it may include drifts, wrecks and reefs.

You will need to be comfortable diving in cold water, having done at
least 5 shore dives in Melbourne or similar conditions if you haven’t
been on the boat before.

If you are interested in coming along let me know. If I haven’t dived
with you before let me know a history of your diving experience.
Currently the weather is looking pretty good, but will be dependent on
another boat driver.

You will need to be a member of both MONUC and MASC to come along.
Costs will be about $25 per dive, plus donation for towing the boat
and sharing costs of things like boat ramp parking and Canberra fees
etc. You'll also need to be responsible for bringing all the personal
stuff necessary for you to dive, including:

- 2 full tanks
- Dive computer
- Safety sausage or deployable SMB (highly recommended)
- Torch, knife and whistle are highly recommended- Lunch
- Slate & pencil if you have one, for doing science

YOU WILL BE COMPLETELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN DIVES AND NEED TO BE
ABLE TO LOOK AFTER AND TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOURSELF (ie. there
will be no divemasters or instructors, just a bunch of friendly other
people who will take it in turns to drive the boat and do some of
their own diving).

Cheers,

Aran