[marc-announce] MARC Meeting TOMORROW!

  • From: Jan Peterson <jan.l.peterson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: marc-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2021 18:41:45 -0700

Greetings MARC Members and Friends of MARC!

Once again, it is time for our monthly "advanced topics" meeting.  This meeting will be held tomorrow, December 9th at 6:30 PM MST at the Murray Fire Department Station #81, located at 4848 Box Elder St (about 35 W).

The meeting topic this month is setting up your (first) home HF station.  I'll be talking about the components of a station, what things you should be considering, and what things you will need. We'll talk about some specific options and additional things you will want to think about when setting up your home HF station. Much of this will also apply to a home VHF/UHF station, so while the focus will be on HF, there will be other applications.

Please also join us for a brief "check-in" net on 223.440 MHz simplex (no PL tone or offset).  If you have equipment that will operate on the 1.25m band, please consider joining us at 6:00 PM. This brief net usually only takes five or ten minutes at the most.  If you do not have equipment that works on the 1.25m band, the club does own several radios that are available for check out.

I look forward to seeing you all there!

73 de KD7ZWV
  -jan-

--