[marc-announce] MARC Meeting THIS THURSDAY!!!1!one

  • From: "Jan L. Peterson" <jan.l.peterson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: marc-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2022 14:24:08 -0700

Greetings, MARClings!

This Thursday, November 10th, will be the concluding session of our CERT training as provided by the Murray Fire Department.  We express our sincere thanks to Mac, Tom, and Colby (our instructors) for the great information they have related to us over the past couple of months.  This session will be the practical test of our knowledge and skills, so come prepared to do things!

This *meeting will start at 6:00 PM* MST.  NOT 6:30.  If you come at 6:30, you will be late.  Don't be late.  The meeting will be at *Fire Station #84*... that's EIGHTY-FOUR, NOT 81, NOT 83.  Station 84 is located *at 163 E 5900 S* in Murray. This is just EAST of State Street, near the TOSH medical plaza. Do not come to station 81 or station 83 or you will all alone (well, there may be some firefighters there, but they won't be involved with the CERT training).

We will have our "check-in" net prior to the meeting on 223.440 MHz simplex at 5:30 PM MST... one half hour before the meeting. If you tune into the check-in frequency at 6:00, you will have missed it (and you'll be late for the meeting, too).  If you have the standard load on your radio, this is channel number 29.  If you don't know what the standard load is, look here: https://www.murrayarc.org/the-standard-load/

I have been advised that food will be provided at the meeting. There, that should get all hams interested in coming!  (The only thing that might cause a greater turn out would be free tee-shirts.)

I hope to see you all there!

73 de KD7ZWV
  -jan-

--