[madmanhi] Re: [madmahozj] Fw: workshop

  • From: Glenda Berlin <gldberlin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "madmanhi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <madmanhi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 12:43:13 -0800 (PST)

I would like to go.
Glenda

On Saturday, February 22, 2014 7:05 PM, Pat Talshir <ptalshir@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi
This workshop is very worthwhile
Please RSVP if you would like to attend on 4/3
25/3
16.30 American Center
19 Keren Hayesod
Jerusalem

On Saturday, 22 February 2014, 19:02, Pat Talshir <ptalshir@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Constructive Dialogue in the Classroom
A theoretical workshop with simulations using dialogue and mediation tools
At the American Center(if there will be a renovation at the Center, we will
have to look for another location)

When we are talking about a dialogue with the other, the issue of different
narratives can be quite difficult, so it's important for all of us to be able
to hear “the other”, without judging, without necessarily agreeing, in order to
really understand how THEY feel, how THEY understand the topic, what THEY need,
what's important to THEM, what THEY value etc. During the 2.5 hour workshop we
will discuss constructive vs. destructive dialogue; Non-violent communication;
Positions vs. Interests; building trust etc.  The idea is to give the
teachers/coordinators the tools to build a constructive dialogue with their
students and to be able to give their students the tools for holding a
constructive dialog when meeting “the other”.